Saturday, November 29, 2008

Sunsets

Perth has an abundance of wonderful vantage points from which to enjoy a good sunset - of which it also, most conveniently, has an abundance.  Most weekends Rob and I set off a few hours before the sun starts to go down to stake out a good spot, enjoy a glass of wine or a beer, maybe some dinner, and bask in the rosy glow.  Over the past few weeks, we've shivered the evening away at King's Park, packed a picnic and played Uno along the foreshore, savored a fabulous meal on the dock in South Perth, and whiled away the late afternoon at Scarborough Beach.  
While each of these evenings had its own highlights, last night at the beach was my personal favorite.  Although we were unprepared and underdressed for the wind, the water was so refreshing and we had an absolute ball jumping in the waves.  This was actually the first time I've really been in the ocean (aside from testing it with my toes a few months ago) since I came here.  I was absolutely screaming with delight getting pounded by the waves - what a blast.  After our swim, we grabbed some fish & chips, a few beers, and a spot facing the water to watch the kite surfers play in the wind before the sun went down.  It was by far the most relaxed I've been in a long time.
Rob had a great surprise in store when we got home - the Sex and the City Movie!  I've wanted to see this for, what, six months now!  It was great to finally get my fix.
It would have been the perfect day had I not walked into a wall and nearly knocked myself out when I got up in the night… owh. :(

No comments: