Friday, October 10, 2008

Illin'

I've been rather remiss in keeping up-to-date on the ins and outs of life here in Perth, but I haven't really been well enough to do so.  Heck, I didn't even make it to regaling you with the splashing end of the 'Fun-Hog Weekend' as I was feeling so rancid at the time of writing.  Apologies, but I do think a nasty round (or two) of rotavirus excuses me from my reporting duties at least temporarily.  I spent more than three days over the past two weeks in bed, subsisting on plain white rice, cooked mushy apples and bananas.  Yum.  I finally broke my forced week-long fast with a wonderful meal prepared by my dear housemate Megan and her boyfriend Andrew, recently returned from their world travels.  It was all I could do to restrain myself from completely gorging on the beautiful mix of textures and flavors.

Now my two primary objectives are to: 1. get better and regain a little strength; and 2. catch up on boat loads of work that I fell behind on.  So I suppose this impending weekend will find me huddled up with my computer and thinking science-y thoughts a fair bit.  I have piles of research deadlines rapidly approaching and a job interview at the uni in a few weeks to prepare for - zoiks.  Too bad the weather is suddenly stunning…

No comments: