Sunday, September 7, 2008

City to Surf - 12 km fun run

It's taken an awfully long time to get the results back from the race I did last Sunday, but I suppose anything involving tens of thousands of people could take a while to process.  There were several runs/walks on that morning - a half marathon, a 12 km run/walk, an 11 km wheelchair race, and a 4 km walk.  All were to benefit special needs programs in W.A.  

I don't have any photos of my own, but there are some online at http://citytosurf.activ.asn.au/1/3250/3179/photo_gallery.pm

Out of 24,570 finishers in the 12 km run/walk, I placed 2,179th, which sounds rather crap, however I was the 230th woman and 94th in my age category (female 19-29).  Considering how little running I've done since last May, I don't think 58 minutes and 37 seconds is too shabby.  Now, had I actually managed to find my friend Leah at the starting line, I may have fared much better with someone to run with - she finished 431st as the 29th woman and 12th in our category with a time of 51 minutes 18 seconds.  Way to go, Leah!

3 comments:

Julie said...

congrats Leslie! not too shabby. :-)

Lena said...

yay 12 km! yay picnics in the park! yay flowers! yay kayaking! new bike! cute rob! beach! sand! sun! looks fantastic, leslie, and so glad to see pics of you having fun, keep 'em coming.

Brian Jackson said...

I just found your blog...looks like life is treating you pretty well. Keep the posts coming and good luck!