Sunday, January 25, 2009

Last Big Night In Perth

   Saying 'goodbye' is always hard for me, even when I know I'll be back.  I just love my friends so much.  I've been incredibly fortunate to get to know some really outstanding folks here over the past 7 months - both for work and play.   I am definitely looking forward to returning to continue fostering these relationships.
   For my farewell dinner, we gathered at one of my favorite restaurants in Perth - Annalakshmi www.annalakshmi.com.au/ - a non-profit, vegetarian, volunteer-run joint.  The food and setting are both simply gorgeous.  I had a moment of near panic when my reservation for 20 had somehow vanished from the books, and a group of 40 was to arrive less than an hour later, but they were ever so gracious and found a spot for us.

  

   We did have to split up into two tables, but the views offered in both directions were gorgeous.

  

   It's going to be a long-cold winter missing these folks:
    

No comments: