Thursday, August 21, 2008

Impatience

It's been one of those weeks - started out strong, got lots of analytical work done Mon/Tues, then everything kind of went to crap.  I'm not sure if I've actually accomplished anything since 2 p.m. Tuesday (it's now Friday morning).  I've been fighting with computers and fielding calls to repair the one that bit the dust, waiting for green lights to change all my plans to stay here longer, and generally feeling that everything is pretty much out of my hands for the moment.  I keep trying to figure out what I can do instead of focusing on what I can't, but keep coming to the same conclusion: very little.   Hrmmmm…
I'm bound and determined that I will not succumb to the same dreary state of hopelessness related to my work today.  I will be productive and have something to hold up and say, 'hey, this is what I managed to do this week!'  How's that for a positive attitude?
The weather here is perfectly gorgeous and the outlook for the weekend shows much of the same.  Hoping to get in some running, a little kayaking, a touch of yoga, and a lot of loving and living in!!

No comments: