Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Perth Landing

   I had a rather uneventful journey to the other side of the planet.  My flights were fine and on time, although, just as I had argued with the QANTAS agent who sold me my ticket, two hours was simply not enough time on the ground in Sydney.  My squirrel-like habits were rather frowned upon by the customs agents who kindly rooted through every square inch of my baggage confiscating all kinds of wonderful treats I intended to eat.  Alas, I missed my connection to Perth…
   In all honesty, I'd have to admit that having a few extra hours to do yoga and wander around the Sydney International Airport before spending another 5 hours on the plane was not something to complain about.  I still managed to get to Perth by 3 p.m. on Sunday where I was met by the illustrious Leah Glass.  This, in an of itself, was worth the long journey.
   Leah kindly took me to grab some food, ignored my incoherent babbling, and kept mum about my 8 p.m. bed time.  There's nothing like a well-traveled hostess to know exactly what a weary traveler needs to avoid jet lag.  I zonked out for a good 10 hours before rushing off to start my internship Monday morning.

No comments: