Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Little Life Tid-Bits

  • I'm definitely digging my new little life here in Perth.  There are lots of little differences, and some major ones as well, from my beautiful life in Fairbanks, but nothing to complain about.  My housemate Megan (left) is nothing short of awesome.  We really click and I'm very bummed that she'll actually be gone for most of the time I'm here.  Her dog, Simba, is a wild and very affectionate little thing for which I'll be fully responsible while Megan's away.  She's good company and it will be good to have someone to pull me away from the office every evening.
  • I keep having to remind myself that it's actually winter here.  Aside from the few weeks of ridiculous cold in the house at night, the weather's been so nice.  We've had quite a number of heavy rain storms, but they're always followed by lovely sunny days.  This morning, I was greeted with an amazing full rainbow on my way to work - what a way to start the morning!
  • I've noticed that there's still a strong desire here to experience winter, even though it doesn't really exist…  A few weekends ago, Megan and I went shopping downtown and I had to laugh so hard at the sight of cut-out snowmen holding surfboards and surrounded by man-made snow.  The man-made sledding was pretty cute too…

No comments: